How to apply
PhD at Erasmus MC
There are several ways to obtain a PhD position at Erasmus MC:
- Obtaining a PhD degree as an employee of Erasmus MC:
- Obtaining a PhD degree without being employed at Erasmus MC:
- On a scholarship from an external provider; These scholarships can come from foreign governments, international organizations or Dutch funds for foreign PhD candidates.
- As an employee of another employer; You are an employee at a university of applied sciences, a company, or a hospital and you employer provides you a compensation in time and/or money. You will need a hospitality agreement (“gastvrijheidsovereenkomst - GVO). Hospitality agreement gives you access to basic services: access to library, access to intranet, access to other necessary facilities and online services.
- As an external PhD candidate; You work on your thesis in your own time and with your own money.
Do you have a specific research proposal for a PhD project that does not match one of our vacancies? Then you need to pitch your own idea to a principal investigator of a specific department. You can find the principal investigators for various research departments here.
Scholarships and funding
Please find more information regarding scholarships or funding on the EUR website, by clicking here.
If you are looking for more vacancies in the Netherlands please consult Academic transfer, a joint career website for all Dutch universities, Academic Hospitals, and Research Institutes.